Saturday, March 7, 2009

Toastmaster!!!

Yes.. It's true.. I have recently joined the University Toastmaster Club (UTC).. There are few reasons that I joined this club *^-^*
-----
I dun really know how it is and even what it is to be a toastmaster, never have I heard anything 'bout toastmaster before this.. And back in the time when I was doing my Career Carnival.. Dr Siva who was one of the committee of the carnival actually introduce this club to me.. However, I was quite busy back then and din really take much attention 'bout the club.
-----
Things start after I have stepped down from the students' council.. And I know that I have to take something up because I have to plan ahead.. I know that someday the question of what I have done after being a students' council or before my graduation. I am not going to tell the interviewer that I merely concentrate on my final year project.. I know I am know a brilliant fella that I need to join something to back up my resume =p
-----
After thinking awhile.. I asked my fren 'bout this club and she actually told me bout the 1st meeting during this sem and anxiously I went to the meeting.. dress formally.. stepped into the room.. greeted by the ppl there.. joining the very first training meeting.. feeling comfortable after awhile.. it gives opportunity for each ppl to think and speak on their feet.. impromptu speech.. just like how we did our MUET oral test but this is more challenging cuz it's unlike MUET which gave us 1 min to prepare.. It's on the spot you have to speak on the title given.. besides, there r ppl who can really make ur day brigther with some silly jokes.. the humour master of the evening of course.. however.. the attendance for such a good club is quite poor and I really do think that ppl shud really get to know this and try it themselves as they can really improve coming to the training meeting
-----
What do I actually like 'bout this thing? I dun like to read books.. therefore, listening to ppl's ideas and speaking in front will actually learn sth and let my mind keeps spinning =p hehe.. and i really admire and enjoy the way they actually speak on the stage will the gesture and the great voice!!! listening to them make me wonder and start dreaming when can I be like them.. As I am so afraid of public speaking due to my poor language back then.. I know this is the opportunity that I have to improve myself b4 going out to the working world.. I need to equip myself with such knowledge.. And being is a leader is about sending thru the message to the ppl under u in the correct manner that ppl understand and respect u.. the way of communication.. the ability to persuade them.. to convince others.. that's the whole key of it.. and I believe this club will bring me to my dreams ahead..
-----
Carez
-----
*^-^* Nicyan *^-^*

No comments:

 

Web Page Counters
Internet Date